Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Rocky Montage

The weather forecast has indicated to me that the optimism of my previous post is more a statement on our mutually held desires than it is an accurate representation of reality.  Winter yet remains.  It will not always, but it is still in the coming.  We may here note that manifesting desire in the physical plane is not as simple as one might wish.

The professionals have already put in some work.  It is worth perusing if you have the time.  But in lieu of personal accounts of flying polymers by which I may regale you, I think I will instead touch on an issue which I think is too little addressed in this sport of ours.  Physical preparation.

My fat ass has sat around for far too long.  There was a time when I kept it mildly toned with the help of Tony Horton's P90X, but the copy was not mine and moving one thousand miles away from that copy has made it difficult to continue.  I started Insanity the other day, and we will see how that works out.  So far I have only been reminded that while I do have many shapes, I am not IN any of them.  Hopefully I can get to some semblance of fitness without sacrificing knee stability.

The point of all this is not to bring up my own personal workout routine, but to finally ask the question, what is the most effective way one may prepare one's body for disc golf?

Would it be similar to a ball golfer's routine?  Perhaps a baseball player's?  Should I run?  Work core?  Lift free weights?  If so, what lifts will best prepare me?  I am in the northeast now.  Should I take up rowing?

I'm not sure what the answer is, but this has long been a question of mine.  Please let me know your thoughts.

~Diggs

1 comment:

Mid Range King said...

So I know this is a week late in getting a response to what you could do for a work out. Here is what a World Champion does....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dls-fzCWGUQ