Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorialized

Happy Memorial Day (week)!

Though of course, those to whom I should be directing such affections would be unable to hear such things.  I digress.  On the most Memorial of days I had the opportunity to finally get out and stretch the arm with the legally-bound family.  Due to our current transportation situation this is the first time since making the migration back to the land of my birth.  Needless to say the arm was rusty.  But who really cares.  When one has the opportunity to reacquaint with an old friend, one does not worry about whether one's whole life is in order so that one might be able to present the most positive of impressions.  One simply embraces one's friend.

And so to the land of disc we go.  Joining me were some familiar to the Cold Lampin' cadre: BroLo El Cunado (who has joined us on a couple Cold Lampin' Weekends), Mr. and Mrs. In-laws, and the incomparable Mrs. Diggs.  Our destination?  Crystal Cove in the South SUX.

It was a nice little outing.  You know, other than the thunderstorm that hit halfway through.  Despite the long layoff and unfortunate weather, I was able to have a fair amount of control.  The Money ($) Putter made an appearance and earned its name.  I hit a couple putts from outside the circle and I hit facemask on a 100 ft shot.

Keep in mind that we were working off back up discs here.  My main bag is back east along with most of my midrange discs and all but my trophy putters.  Negligible play time... relatively unknown course... foreign discs... a putter I've never thrown... I'm content with how I did, even though it was a fairly non-competitive round.  I was even below par until I started flagging toward the end.  It was a pretty solid way to spend the day.

Two more notes:
  1. My wife who NEVER plays with me (she honestly will only walk with me) decided to play.  The results were better than anticipated.  Not only did she improve throughout the day, she will occasionally do this little jump at the end of her throw that it is the cutest thing ever.  Sometimes the untaught techniques are the best.
  2. Those who attended the first Cold Lampin' Weekend may remember my friend Bryan.  I was able to help him celebrate him and his beloved become Mr. and Mrs.  Congrats to the awesome couple!

I'm out,
Diggs

No comments: