What I am looking at, however, is a Midwest cameo for about a month or so before returning to the east coast. During that month, I hope to connect with anyone who might be around the SCDGA birthplace during the rest of May through a fair amount of June. I would like to see you gentlemen if possible. I will be without reliable transportation during that time, and with my competition bag staying put out east, I'll be struggling through a meager disc schedule on backup discs. Such is life. But after I get back out here, things should open up a bit, allowing a more regular disc fix.
Here's what we're looking at through August:
- MRK has already mentioned a possible trip down to throw a round or two. This needs to happen.
- I have a couple business trips during the Midwest trip. One of these takes me to Jiggs' hometown. We're going to try to get together and play a round at our old stomping grounds
- Another trip takes me to Kansas City for a couple days. I have not played a course in Kansas or Missouri. I'm hoping to make both happen
- I haven't spoken with URBWes in awhile, but if he wants to spike some more burritos, he should visit his sister during early June. URBWes, you want a burrito
- Harky I know is more limited in coming back (that's what you get for living in the Big Cheesy), but I wish him the best in working out a disc weekend!
- When I get back here, I'll have about three guys to play with around here. They aren't my Cold Lampin' Crew, but they'll do. We'll be regulars at the Mercer course, which has gotten much better this season
- I'm also hopeful we are able to make a trip to Tyler State Park and maybe even Warwick up north. These are two well-regarded courses and the best around here
- Most of you will know to whom I refer when I mention the Halo name Reepicheep. There's a possibility I'll be able to head up to see him this summer. If so, I'm not sure I could pass on all the quality disc around Rochester
I leave tomorrow morning for a place that was 40 degrees colder than it was here today. I hope you are all doing well. Catch ya'll 'round the Lamp.