Friday, July 02, 2010

You Smooth Operator!

Yo check this!

Last week, I led the youth group mission trip to the Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York. A meaningful experience to be sure. We helped the local community, the residents of the area, and we disced(?). That's right, folks. Yours truly somehow found a way to work in a round of DG in a mission trip!

We went through the YouthWorks organization who does all the programming (taking TONS of stress off of me!). But they also schedule nightly group activities. One such activity was going to Natural Stone Bridge Park, which just so happened to have a family-friendly 9-holer. The place isn't listed on PDGA.com and amounts to little more than mini-golf, but it was nice to get out any which way I could.

Bonus: My youth now seemed very interested in setting up a DG youth event

So I can now add another course and another state to locations played. Booya! And moving on...

~Diggs

Kyrie Eleison

No comments: